Global coronavirus cases touched 52 million, two days after hitting the grim milestone of 50 million.
The exact case count stood at 51,817,846 as of Wednesday (local time). The number of confirmed virus-related death reached 1,278,086, according to data provided by Johns Hopkins University.
Meanwhile, the United States has till now recorded as many as 10,313,369 cases and 240,265 deaths.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the COVID-19 outbreak a pandemic on March 11. Social distancing and wearing a mask still remains imperative in the fight against COVID-19, but here are some other ways to prevent the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands often. Use soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain a safe distance from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention.
The biggest number of cases so far have been registered in the United States, India, and Brazil.
-ANI and WHO