“My message to young people is: start now, the time is now. Start in whatever business you want to start now. Entrepreneurship is for everyone.” – Mpho Dagada
5 reasons why millennial millionaire, Mpho Dagada inspires us:
1. The University of Johannesburg graduate, got involved with cryptocurrency in 2014. “When I got involved, one bitcoin was worth $200 (R2780). I bought myself some bitcoins and to my shock in 2015 the bitcoin price jumped to R40000. I realised I was sitting on a small fortune,” he recalls.
2. Invest in Future Currency chief executive Mpho Dagada, 24, who has already made more than R1million through cryptocurrency, is currently writing the book Jacana Media will publish and which Dagada expects will be next year. “It will cover my journey with entrepreneurship, how I started, and the book will aim to inspire young people within the country to participate in the entrepreneurship space and to succeed as young entrepreneurs,” Dagada says.
3. He has been to New York, San Francisco and London to speak about cryptocurrency. One of his “recent achievements” was going to Silicon Valley in San Francisco in July after being chosen from among 20000 entrepreneurs globally for the sought-after advanced entrepreneurial programme, TrepCamp.
4. In 2011, he went as a delegate to Switzerland for One Young World, the pre-eminent global forum for young leaders, “where I was part of the economic committee”, he says. “We were discussing how entrepreneurs can grow within the country. As a result of that, I have got a YouTube channel. I speak to entrepreneurs, I inspire entrepreneurs. I discuss entrepreneurship things with other entrepreneurs.”
5. Dagada, who has the gift of the gab and was honoured as the Anglo American Young Communicator Ambassador in Limpopo in 2012, sees himself as someone who has done something different.
– Luyolo Mkentane