Hip-hop sensation Cassper Nyovest made history with his #fillupFNB Stadium feat by attaining a 68 000-ticket sales record, however, that’s not the accomplishment we’re most proud of.
Here are 6 reasons why SA millennials love Cassper Nyovest:
1. Nyovest has donated over R150 000 to cater for student bursaries and shore up the fight against xenophobia.
2. Gauteng Premier Makhura has lauded Nyovest for contributing R50 000 towards the student fundraising initiative at Wits University and another R100, 000 to the campaign against xenophobia, and for being one of the young ambassadors against women abuse and gender-based violence.
3. The artist has also been hailed for hiring 70 youths who helped with the mobilisation and marketing the event.
4. Putting his money where his money is, Refiloe Phoolo (aka Cassper Nyovest), says he owes his success to the throngs of fans from South Africa and across the world and he feels it prudent to give back to the community by donating towards causes which seek to make society a better place.
5. Premier Makhura touts Cassper Nyovest as a shining star to the youth. The Premier, who dedicates the Political Report to Gauteng’s Youth, holds up Cassper Nyovest, as the icon of young blood taking bold steps to advance themselves. “A country, a movement, a person that does not value its youth and children does not deserve its future,” Makhura says quoting the legendary African National Congress (ANC) stalwart Oliver Tambo.
6. Also, his music is dope.