People love avocados, and now that they can be made into fries, they might love them even more.
There are plenty of ways to enjoy avocados and now you can add avocado fries to that list.
A popular foodie has come up with a new way to snack on avocados by making turning them into crispy fries.
Ayeh Far from the account Cooking with Ayeh on Instagram, shared her quick and easy recipe for avocado fries, and she promised that they aren’t only good for you but they’re delicious.
“Just when you thought you couldn’t love avocados anymore, did you know that you can now turn them into crispy avocado fries?” Far captioned her Instagram post.
“With avocados so cheap right now here in Australia, it’s the perfect time to try them. They’re also vegan and so fun to make!” she continued.
To whip up this snack all you need are some avocados, flour, milk, breadcrumbs, olive oil spray and her own ‘everything bagel seasoning’.
This seasoning requires white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, dried onion flakes, dried garlic granules, poppy seeds and sea salt.
“The fries are great because they’re crispy on the outside, soft and creamy in the middle, which makes them the perfect snack!” Far explained on her website.
You can either make them with an air fryer or in the oven, depending on how you like to cook.
In her video, Far used an air fryer to make the snack but her full recipe details how they can be baked in a regular oven.
Here is how you can make avocado fries at home:
One medium ripe avocado
Half a cup of Panko breadcrumbs
Quarter of a cup of plain flour
Quarter of a cup of almond milk
One tablespoon of ‘Everything Bagel Seasoning’ (three tablespoons of white sesame seeds, two tablespoons of black sesame seeds, two tablespoons of dried onion flakes, two tablespoons of dried minced garlic granules, two tablespoons of poppy seeds and two tablespoons of flaky sea salt)
Olive oil spray
Sprinkle of salt
Squeeze of lime
Favourite sauce for dipping (Far uses vegan mayonnaise mixed with sriracha hot sauce)
View this post on Instagram
To make in the air fryer
1. Cut the avocado in half, peel and remove the pit. Slice avocado in thick slices/wedges.
2. Create a dipping station with three separate bowls. One for the flour, one for the milk, and the third for the panko breadcrumbs and everything bagel seasoning combined.
3. One by one, coat avocado slices into the flour first, then dip into the milk, then back to the flour, and back to the milk.
4. Lastly, dip in the breadcrumb mixture and cover them well on all sides to make sure they’re completely coated.
5. Repeat the process for all the avocado slices.
6. Preheat your air fryer to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Farenheit.
7. Place avocado slices into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray the tops with olive oil and cook for 8-10 minutes.
8. Turn them around and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until the second side is golden.
9. After air frying, sprinkle a little salt and accompany with your favourite dipping sauce.
View this post on Instagram
To make in the oven
1. Repeat steps one to five from the previous recipe.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 400 degrees Farenheit.
3. Place the avocado slices on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet in a single layer, making sure they aren’t touching. Spray the tops with olive oil and cook for 15-20 minutes until they are nice and golden and crispy.
4. Once baked, sprinkle a little salt and serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
Viewers who share in Far’s obsession with avocados were excited to give her recipe a try.
“Oh my God, I’ve got to try that,“ one person wrote.
‘I bought an air fryer because of this recipe. Can’t wait to try it,’ another added.
Source: Cooking with Ayeh