Love is in the (h)air!
Back in the day getting hair extensions used to be kept secret. Fast forward to 2017 and women all over social media are sharing tips and trades on how to keep your mane in perfect condition!
I’ve always wanted to have my own hair extensions since I started my first fashion internship at one of South Africa’s biggest glossy magazines. When we were busy producing cover shoots, the celebrities always rocked up with gorgeous hair on set and 90% of the times they had a little ‘help’ using clip in hair extensions.
When I heard about ClipinHair™ for the first time via word of mouth, I knew that I wouldn’t be able to resist buying my own set. So, when the brand invited me to their beautiful showroom at High Street Shopping Mall (Bellville)… it was a done deal already!
WHAT IS CLIPIN HAIR?
“You hair is 90% of your selfie!”
ClipinHair™ is an online hair care and cosmetics company that provides quality products and they’re best known for their clip-in hair extensions. The range comes in 24 beautiful colours and also includes clip-in bangs and clip-in ponytails – two very popular options.
Clipinhair™ make use of Remy (or Remi) hair extensions which are made of real human hair – considered to be the highest quality hair extensions available. The specific process they use ensures that the hair remains super soft, shiny, silky and completely tangle-free throughout its lifetime.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
“No glue, no damage – beautiful hair in a few minutes!”
- Start by parting the section of your hair in line with your earlobes, divide downwards to create a half moon shape.
- Open the clips and attach them as close to the roots as possible; starting with your 4 weft (widest piece with 4 clips). Clip the the two clips in the middle and then clip the other two higher up, near to your ear. Clip at an angle and not just straight / vertically across.
- Divide your hair starting from your temples, run your fingers downwards to create a ‘V’, triangle shape. Clip your 3 wefts (piece with 3 clips) along the divided angle on either side.
- Divide your hair just above your temples around the crown of your hair. Clip your two wefts (piece with 2 clips) on either side and one at the back.
- Part your hair just above your 2 wefts, close to your face and clip your one weft on either side.
- Always start at the lower half of your head and work your way up. Start with the widest weft, 4, 3, 2, 1. Follow your hairline and be sure to balance them out evenly. You may need one or two practice rounds, but once you get it, it should only take a few minutes.
- Your extensions should feel secure and will not come out until you unclip them.
- NEVER try to slide the extensions off without first opening the clip.
WHAT IS THE LIFESPAN?
The lifespan of your Clipinhair™ Extensions is between 3 months to a year, but if you take good care of it – the extensions can last up to a few years.
HOW CAN I MAKE IT LAST LONGER?
- Never, ever sleep with your hair extensions.
- Always use heat protector when styling your hair.
- Brush your extensions from the bottom up.
- Invest in quality sulphate-free shampoo and conditioner.
- Only wash your extensions every 10 – 20 wears.
CAN I AFFORD IT?
Clipinhair™ prices range from R1600 to R3800, depending on the shade, thickness and style. Sets are available in 24 different shades and each set has 8 different pieces – all at equal lengths.
TIP: Now you can pay off your Clipinhair in 12 easy installments using a Mobicred account.
I bought the 160g extensions in ‘chocolate brown’ shade and completely feel like a Miss Universe finalist when I’m wearing them. It’s super light weighed and blends in perfectly with my natural haircolour. People haven’t noticed that I’m wearing extensions however I have been receiving a lot of compliments from my friends and work colleagues on how beautiful my hair looks! #surprisesurprise
Visit clipinhair.co.za for more information.
AUTHOR: Annette de Wet | Clip in tips via clipinhair.co.za