Tamaryn Green has been crowned Miss South Africa 2018 in the year that the pageant celebrated its 60th anniversary Diamond Jubilee.
The Runner-up was 26-year-old B Comm graduate Thulisa Keyi from East London who took the title Miss World South Africa and who will represent South Africa on the global stage in this competition later this year. She will receive nearly R600,000 in prizes.
Here are 5 things you didn’t know about Miss SA 2018, Tamaryn Green:
1. Green who hails from Paarl will be representing South Africa at the Miss Universe pageant at the end of the year.
— LIRA-BORN FREE album (@Miss_LIRA) May 27, 2018
2. The 23-year-old is a final-year medical student at the University of Cape Town.
3. Her dream of helping others is what attracted her to medicine.
4. Green will receive R3 million in prizes from one of the richest pageants in the world.
Monday’s are pretty wonderful when you get to zoom off in a brand new @nissanza Qashqai!
— Miss South Africa (@Official_MissSA) May 28, 2018
5. Green also holds pageant titles including Miss New Orleans and Miss Rochester.
A new dawn rising. Woke up with a heart so full and content. Last night a little girl’s dream became her reality. South Africa I dedicate the next 365 days in service of you. For my people, with my people, together. Ps. Thank you to each and every person who commented, who wrote, who supported. I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. All my love, Tamaryn Green Miss South Africa 2018.
– TYI/ African News Agency (ANA)