pinch of salt
15ml melted butter
180ml castor sugar
300ml orange juice
30ml orange rind
30-45ml orange liqueur
3-4 oranges, segmented
For the Pancakes
- Put the flour,
- Add the oil and melted butter and mix to combine.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the flour while stirring constantly with a whisk to make a smooth batter.
- Strain through a sieve to remove any lumps.
- Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Wipe a small non-stick pan with a little oil and heat over a medium high heat.
- Add enough batter to cover the base of the pan.
- Cook the pancake until light golden, then flip and cook on the other side for a minute. Remove and set aside and keep warm.
- When the pancakesare made, fold them into quarters.
For the Sauce
- Combine the butter, sugar, orange juice and rind and bring to the boil.
- Add the liqueur.
- Dip each folded pancake into the sauce before placing in the serving dish.
- Once all the pancakes have been dipped, add the orange segments to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour over the pancakes.
- Warm the brandy, then ignite it and flambé the pancakes.
- Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream if desired.