Gone are the days of occasional link ups with friends at coffee bars, because with the change in lifestyle patterns, everyone is making plans beyond the “catch up over coffee”.
Groups of friends have now taken to organizing themselves to experience life outside of their comfort zones, and this is what life has come to mean for most – exploring and making memories with those closest to you, in places you sometimes only imagined.
Although traditionally known for “December groceries”, Stokvels have come to take on a whole new meaning, different to what most of us grew up understanding.
They are now a means to broadening your horizons, whatever that means to each of us ; getting that deposit for your first car, buying that timepiece you have admired for the past few months, or finally going on a vacation with your “day-ones”.
A few minutes spent on social media will have you bitten by the travel bug, looking at your peers checking into this-and-that place, tagging this-and-that person, ultimately leaving you with a mild case of FOMO (Fear of Missing Out).
The great thing with using a Stokvel as a saving solution for your traveling, is that, with timeous and concise planning, you and your friends won’t have to “miss out”, so you don’t have to worry about that FOMO.
However, one of the clever ways that most friends get to travel is by following the following steps and very quickly get on their way to making great “Instagram worthy” memories:
1. Form a travel Stokvel with like-minded friends
2. Identify a destination that you would all like to travel to
3. Decide on a date you would like to travel, preferably a 3 to 12 months lead time, as this gives you sufficient time to save
4. Commit to an amount of money you are all willing to contribute monthly, and stick to it
5. Identify a Travel Club product that meets your needs and will enable your travel dreams. The Absa Stokvel is an awesome way to get started, with great value, benefits and interest rates
Before you know it, you too will be living it up at a cool destination, with great picturesque blue waters, making memories of a lifetime with those closest to you, and how great is it that you can do all this through a Travel Club or a Stokvel, as we love to call it?
– IOL Associated Press Release