There is a natural hair revolution going on amongst black women around the world and this time the revolution is being televised and Instagram-ed every day.
There is an increasing number of black women who are choosing natural hair, as opposed to chemically straightened hair or weaves. There are a couple of celebrities who are choosing their natural hair over relaxed or weaves without disregarding those who choose to straighten their hair.
Many have labelled the natural hair choice or movement as a political statement, and ways of self-acceptance because of the choice to wear their hair in its natural state. Last year, we witnessed young Zulaikha Patel advocating the natural hair movement in high schools, a movement that spread throughout many schools in South Africa.
Presenter and a new addition to Top Billing, Ayanda Thabethe, has been rocking her hair in it’s natural state. Here are 5 times where Thabethe slayed her natural hairstyle
1. Last year, the presenter was the face of the Legit summer range and the marketing campaign was done with her natural hair.
2. We love how she can play with her hair.
3. She defiantly served hair goals here. “My Hair. My Crown. Love experimenting with different hairstyles,” she says.
4. She wears her crown so gracefully.
5. Two days ago, she flew to New York for a shoot rocking her natural hair.
Related article: Celebrating millennial hair revolutionist, Zulaikha Patel