Celebrity chef, Zola Nene shows us how to jazz up eggs benedict by simply adding beans.
“I love to take classic meals and jazzing them up…I am a particular fan of breakfast for dinner, so my quirky spin on eggs benedict is perfect for mornings or evenings
,” she says.
Light a fire, put on some music, pour a glass of wine and keep warm with this easy, quick and delicious recipe.
Eggs BEANedict Recipe
For the sauce
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 250g streaky bacon
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tin Rhodes Quality Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
For the poached eggs
- 4 Tbs White wine vinegar
- 1L Water
- of fresh free range eggs
- 4 English muffins
A handfulof wild rocket
- Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pan, then add the bacon and fry until golden on each side.
- Remove bacon from the pan, and then set aside to drain on kitchen paper.
- To the same pan, add the sliced onion and cook until soft and beginning to turn golden.
- Add the paprika, and then stir to coat the onions in the spice.
- Add the baked beans to the pan, then add ½ cup water to the tin and use to swirl the sauce out of the tin before adding to the pot. Stir well, and then simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Boil together the water and vinegar, then turn down to a gentle simmer.
- Crack the eggs, one at a time, into the simmering water, then leave to poach until done to your liking, I prefer my yolks runny, so only poach my eggs for about 4 minutes.
- Cut the muffins in half, then toast until golden. Place onto a plate, cut side up, then top with rocket.
- Top with a generous helping of baked bean sauce, then top with a poached egg.
- Season the egg with salt and pepper and enjoy!